Sunday 28 August 2011

A New Kind Experience

My dad had spent his whole night with me at City Harvest Church last week Friday, as well as this week Friday, for their opening ceremony orchestra practice. They just moved their church from somewhere near Monash University to SS13/4 and so they had their opening ceremony during yesterday and today's church service.

Though we played only two songs, and combining two songs the duration didn't even last more than 5 minutes, it really gave me another kind of violin playing experience that I've never had before this.

This was the first time I played in an orchestra form, which consists of violin, cello, double bass, horn, trumpet, flute, and so on. Besides, this was my first time playing in total darkness, only our score sheets were lighted by clip LED lights. Means that we were just 'kelefe',  playing for the background music to accompany the choir.

I thought violin is one of very loud instrument (because it can cover the sound of a piano), but I was surprise that there was only a horn player playing in the orchestra but yet, it can be heard clearly. Sadly, I hate the sound of horn. I felt irritated by their sound, no idea why...

........

Maybe some of you did notice that I posted a few very emotional blogs recently, but I'm okay now. I'm feeling much better after trying to think everything positively. And I enjoyed playing in an orchestra very much, it cheers me a lot! Oh, before I stop writing, I would like to wish my friends all the best for their studies in Canada. Hope to see them two years later :D

No comments:

Post a Comment