Wednesday 24 August 2011

Distance is no mean of barrier for friendship

I had no idea why there were so many unlucky things happened in one night. Firstly, my condo’s internet was down. Secondly, the newly bought washing machine pipe couldn’t fit into the tap and Leng Kai, my housemate, has to go down to Giant to buy another tap. Thirdly, the kitchen master tab was loosened out because it was spoiled and the whole kitchen flooded. He and I went to Giant again to buy another tap but sadly, the water still keep on leaking. I had to tighten the tap in order to stop the leaking but then I couldn’t use the sink tap for collecting filtered water. When I tried to loosen it a bit, the tap will loosen and there was once the whole tap came out and water started to flunk out vigorously. Luckily I wasn’t home alone at that moment and my housemate had helped me to turn off the main valve while I tried to stop the water from bursting out. I’ve mopped the kitchen so many times and I’m sure this month water bill will be a shocking amount.


. . . 

It was another fine day during my semester break in Cheras. I spent most of my holidays in Cheras just because to help out for AFSA Night preparation.




I felt bad of myself, kind of ‘bullying’ him (Steven) lately. I made him angry once, and I made him worries of the gossips about the logistic team in AFSA Night committees. But yet, he still treats me so nicely. Not many people have the chance to have good friends with foreigners. Am I the lucky one?




A gift from me :)
When we were cutting the AFSA ‘birds’ later in the morning, I had a little chat with Steven. (I always enjoyed those little chats with him because we seldom have chance to talk in face-to-face). We were talking about his coming plan and he said that he will be going back to China after his final semester (next semester) but will return for internship in Malaysia. That means after his last semester, I won't be able to see him anymore until his graduation next year. I felt so sad when I heard what he said. I felt like crying out but crying doesn't solve this matter and I couldn't do anything to solve this matter neither. It is our fate that he will sooner or later to leave Malaysia and leave all of his beloved friends here. I'm sure he'll have a harder time to leave all of his friends than me.

Later in the afternoon when we were having our lunch together, I was simply asking that when will he bringing me to China for a visit (as he promised me once) and instead of him simply answering my question, he answered it seriously that he can bring me to China when I have holiday. I was of course happy to hear that, so I suggested that perhaps I can follow him back to his hometown after his final semester. He even offers me to stay in his house instead of having me to stay in hotel. I can also stay in Jia Quan’s house because they both are staying nearby. My determination of going to China went down when he said that the air ticket is around RM1000. Maybe AirAsia will be cheaper but I don't understand why he likes to pay more when there is a cheaper alternative. Money maybe is not the main problem. The main problem is how should I tell my parents about this without having to beg to them. Even for myself, I felt a bit risky to go alone if I were to take the different flight to China and furthermore, I have no relatives over there. Anyway, I hope that they'll treat me as an adult (though I'm still a teen) and let me fly there alone. 


Time flies so quickly. I just knew him barely 3 months and another 2 more months I won’t see him anymore, perhaps won’t see him anymore……..anymore in my lifetime…. (sob). I’m really glad that I chose UCSI for my degree. And I’m really glad that I joined the Unity Camp. And I really appreciate that I have the chance to know him. He is one of the most care-for-others friend that I’ve ever knew. Perhaps I'll never be able to find someone like him anymore. Perhaps I was right that China people are indeed a more caring person than Malaysian Chinese, sadly. 

Sometimes I feel that God is being unfair to me. I always couldn’t get what I want in my life, be it tangible nor intangible. I always envy and jealous the others who can get everything they want easily. It makes their live much more meaningful because it fulfills their life satisfaction. But now, I think that God is fair to everyone actually. I realize that since I couldn’t get anything I want in my life, I will have to work hard to realize my wish. It makes me appreciate my life even more than those who can easily get what they want. It makes me realize that life is not that easy-going every time. Just like the stock market, the share prices will not keep on increasing without having down time. Life has to have sadness, then people will understand what is happiness. Perhaps distance is really a barrier to me now but I'm sure one day I'll be able to overcome the barrier and achieve my dream.

Another two more weeks Jia Quan will be leaving Malaysia. I plan to have a farewell outing together with them for the last time on next week  L. I haven’t got any idea what should I buy for him as a gift. Any idea?

Steven, Jia Quan, although China doesn’t allow the access to Facebook, but with today’s technology, I’m sure I will be able to keep in contact with you both, because I believe what Woodrow Wilson said was right, that “friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together”. Hope we will meet up one day…..








3 comments:

  1. eherm...i'm the first to comment since i'm the first to know u updated ur blogs. Sorry to disturb u writing blogs at early2 morning! Firstly, sorry to hear about what had happened to ur house yesterday..2ndly, about ur trip to China. Steven so serious want to bring ur to his hometown during your holiday? U're scared of flying alone and having a connection flights in China? Well, I always dream of flying alone for holiday or anything but it never been happened in my life. Since I was so free, do you want me to accompany you? We can shared for the hotel room BUT the only main problem is the food. IF there is a HALAL food around, then, it is okey already for me. huhuhu.. IF YOU DON'T MIND!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dream of flying alone +1. Lol. Dream of travelling alone to be more accurate. XD

    Why can't you use the sink tap after you tighten it? *confused*. Did you put the white tape? = = Lol whole tap came out is an epic scene. Water pressure too high. Swim in your kitchen then :)

    Didn't I told you to use weibo!!! xD Make him a card? Or an photo album of you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't sure how to describe the sink thingy...

    ReplyDelete