Saturday 23 July 2011

First week staying in Cheras

After so many months of complaining about traveling everyday to UCSI, I finally got the chance to move out to a condo near UCSI but just for a month because I'm waiting for my other friends, who are staying under UCSI hostel, to move out next semester so that we can stay together. Meanwhile I moved out to live with other people.

I moved in on Monday and I tried to ask some of my friends to help me to move my things up to my room but only one was awake to reply my message though it was 10.30am and she was the smallest among the 3 of them I asked for help. 

Unfortunately, there is a modem in that house with no internet line because my housemate paid late for last month bill so TM cut our line and though she had paid it, the line was still not restored. 

Monday I didn't have class, but because of assignment, I had to go to UCSI to use internet. As usual, UCSI library, to me is like a market, so noisy and fully packed, I hardly can find a place to use my laptop.  I was doing my assignment from 2pm to 5pm and it was very cold in the library. I wanted to leave but where can I go? Luckily I have a very nice China friend, Steven, offered me to do my assignment in his house. Though his house is quite some walking distance away from UCSI, I accepted his offer because I would rather not to die of freezing and loneliness in the library. 

I was really shocked to see his house master room is fully decorated with children stuffs when the whole house is only occupied with university students. Would those children stuffs could actually helped them to reduce stress.... I wonder? 

I couldn't finish my assignment in that night and Steven offered me to stay overnight in his house. He gave me a pack of travel pack toothbrush because I never expect to stay overnight here. I'll explain why this is so important for me later. 

The second day I went to his house to do my assignments as well as taking some night scenery in Cheras. I told myself that I wouldn't stay in his house tonight but when I was trying to leave his house at 11pm, he told me that the small entrance to his condo will be closed after 11pm, so I'll have to walk a big round back to my condo. So I had no choice but to stay another night. However, I never expect to stay there that night so I didn't bring my toothbrush and I slept with my mouth full of bacterias. =.="

The third day, which was also Wednesday, was the day before we had to hand in our assignment. I had no choice but to stay another night there. I was getting afraid that he and his housemates will get annoyed for letting me to stay for so many days. However, Steven said they never minded me to stay there for so many days. He even asked me to come back anytime I want. I was really grateful that I have such a good friend. Without him, I wouldn't have done my assignment. I swear that I'll pay back my gratitude to them one day! 

The fourth day onwards I never went to his house anymore. Finally I had the chance to up keep my room since moving in on Monday and I had the chance to sleep on my bed. I never know that my bed was actually so comfortable! That night I found that the new toothpaste I brought from home was spoiled. It was watery inside and the toothpaste came out in small lumps. I was grateful again that Steven gave me that travel pack toothpaste. If not, I would have to sleep with my mouth full of bacteria again..... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment