Sunday 4 April 2010

Moments in KFC.

One week after my SPM examination, I had a holiday trip with my family to Singapore for about a week. Because I had to wait till March for my SPM result, so I planned to work part-time. The second day after coming back from Singapore I went to KFC in my garden to look for a job. Unexpectedly I was hired immediately without interviewing. This manager was used to be my brother’s assistant manager in Tesco Kajang 2 years ago so he asked me to ask my brother to work for him.

I thought I could earn a lot working in KFC because last time my brother worked hourly RRM3 but got almost RM700 but now I worked hourly RM3.5 but only got almost RM400 only. This is because my KFC lost money every month so we need to cut cost. That’s why I can hardly get overtime working.

This was my first job & I worked as a cashier. I felt happy to serve customers. After working for 2 months I felt bored with this job because I needed to say “Hi good morning sir, may I help you? Having here or take away?” to every customers. There were some customers very friendly & there were some customers looked down on us. There were also0 some stupid customers touched the piece of chicken & asked to change another part. Imagine if someone touched that piece of meat will you eat it?

Although in this KFC only my brother & I were the only Chinese, but I had already get used to speaking Malay although still not that perfect because I was from a national school. The people here are very nice. We always make jokes around each other. The only person I feared was my assistant manager, Ms Yus. She was very strict. She had been scolding me for some times so this makes one of the factors to resign. Most SPM leavers here were from SMK Engku Hussin. There were also my friend’s friends. Because of our same age, we had more topics to chat.

DSC01400 

Me & Nurin Sabila

DSC01458

Me & Suhaidah during KFC 37th anniversary

DSC01416

In KFC we have a tradition. We pour flour ice water to someone on his or her birthday & also on the last day he or she works. So on March 1st that night, they poured flour ice water on me because my birthday was on 28th of February but I was off that day. Same goes to yesterday night which was my last day of working. Although I felt scared on the first time they poured flour ice water on me, but it will be an unforgettable moment to me. I though everyone will forget me after I left KFC, just like the Chinese idioms say “悄悄地我走了,正如我悄悄地来,我挥一挥衣袖,不带走一片云彩。” which means my present & my absent won’t make any difference to them but no, they asked me to come visit them when I am free. I’m going to miss you guys soon!

DSC01440

Closing time

DSC01431

DSC01436

Freezer room & cold room

DSC01435

Our touch screen computer

Now I need to think what course should I study because time is running out. Currently I’m thinking of business & IT. I hope I could choose the right course. Every step I take will change my future…

No comments:

Post a Comment