Tuesday 31 May 2011

Unity camp @ Casa Rachado Resort PD

First of all, I told myself that I chose a very great university for my degree. UCSI University has so many activities that I can't participate in all of it. I would've participate in more activities if I have known more friends that will influence my decision, however, the number of friends that I've known here so far can be counted with all my ten fingers. 

Few weeks ago, Accounting and Finance Student Association, also known as AFSA, was recruiting students to join their first ever Unity Camp at Casa Rachado Resort, PD, 3 days 2 nights starting this Friday. At that time, I wanted to join but there were no one I knew were going, other than Hoo, one of the club's committee, who were once a Nilai UC student.

After a few days later, I saw AFSA posted in Facebook about this event and Liew is attending. I then told myself, despite having only one classmate going, I want to know more things outside the classroom as this camp has talks from accountants from KPMG. Besides, I can learn more new friends by joining it, as well as gaining ECA (extra curricular activity) and SWA (scholarship work assignment). So, I joined it and paid the RM100. It might sound expensive, but that includes the resort fees, 3 meals per day, and most importantly, one or two talks from KPMG. After joining some times later, more and mroe of my friends are going too.

Today I received the E-mail from AFSA regarding this Friday camp. By looking at the time schedule for the 3-day camp, I can feel the fun and joy and laughter all around me. Just joking, I'm not having hallucination by the way. I can really feel the excitement coming from it. Look:

Time schedule for AFSA Unity Camp (3 days 2 nights)

Time
Activity
Day 1 (3rd June)
8.00am - 8.15am
Registration in MPH
8.15am - 9.00am
A talk by Ms Teresa (KPMG)
9.00am - 9.45am
Camp briefing by the Director of Unity Camp
10.00am
Depart from UCSI University
11.30am
Arrive at Casa Rachado Resort
11.30am - 1.30pm
Ice-breaking session
1.30pm – 2.30pm
Lunch
2.30pm - 3.30pm
Check-in
3.30pm - 4.30pm
A talk by Mr. Lim Fang Ching
4.30pm – 6.00pm
Ballroom dance practice and games
6.00pm - 8.00pm
Dinner
8.00pm - 12.00pm
Amazing Race
Day 2 (4th June)
6.00am
Morning call
7.00am - 8.30am
Morning physical exercise
8.30am – 9.30am
Breakfast
9.30am – 12.30pm
Amazing Race
12.30pm – 2.00pm
Lunch
2.00pm - 5.00pm
KPMG team building
5.00pm – 6.00pm
Performance preparation
6.00pm – 7.00pm
Dinner
7.00pm – 11.00pm
 Party (10 minutes break for prayers)
Day 3 (5th June)
6.00am
Morning call
7.00am – 9.00am
Morning physical exercise
9.00am – 10.00am
Breakfast
10.00am – 11.00am
Prize giving ceremony
11.00am – 12.00pm
Check Out
12.00pm – 1.30pm
Lunch
1.30pm
Depart Casa Rachado Resort


Besides, they sent me the list of things to bring too:



List of things to bring to Unity Camp

1.     -7 pairs of clothes (Including 1 set of proper sports attire, 1 set of Hawaii theme clothes, E.g.: for girls, dress. for boys, shorts n shirt)

2.     -Torchlight and batteries for the torchlight (Compulsory)

3.     -Toiletries (Towel, Sunblock n etc)

4.    - Stationeries (Compulsory. E.g.: Papers, pens)

5.    - Money not more than RM100 (Money kept at your own risk)

6.    - A pair of sport shoes and a pair of slippers (Compulsory)

7.    - Hand phone charger

8.    - Basic medication or medication for own allergies or illness

9.    - 2 pairs of socks (In case 1 pair got wet)
__

Exciting right after reading it? Hope I'll enjoy it as people always say the life in a university is the best in a person's lifetime.

2 comments:

  1. I was de one who sent out this email to de participants!!! xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... so old blog also u read it... thanks!!

    ReplyDelete