Wednesday 13 April 2011

Moments in NUC: Towards an end...

Nilai town is one of the highest class town in Malaysia although it is not as big and developed as KL. I said that because it is similar to Singapore, a 'fine' country.... haha... no, Nilai is not a 'fine' town but a clean and beautiful town that similar to Singapore. 

I was first amazed by Nilai scenery when I first came here in 2004 (if I’m not mistaken). That time, Bandar Baru Nilai was just newly launched, so, there were very few cars and people around there. Even so, the roads were built widely, unlike here in Kajang, the roads are so ‘wide’…

Last year when I came back to Nilai to further my study in Nilai University College (NUC), I found that Nilai has almost totally changed! I can hardly recognize the roads anymore (of coz la, I was 12 when I first saw Nilai). That time I still remember there was no Nilai University College but Nilai International College and it was my dad who suggested me to further my degree here because it’s affordable and nice environment. Furthermore, I always wanted to own a UK cert at that time. And that’s why I came to Nilai UC until today. I would prefer INTI because it gave me a ‘college environment’ when I first stepped into INTI last year. However, Nilai UC gave me a ‘hospital environment’ due to the landscape and building structures. 

I had difficulties during my first semester in college because it was totally different from those schooling time. Most important was that I was staying in hostel, with my classmate, which I though was a good one, but it was the other way round. I found that not just him, but most Nilai students weren’t serious in studies. Unlike my classmates during my high schools, they were so great and I wasn’t a competitor to them. ‘Never mind’, I told myself, they don’t want to study, fine, not my problem. However when doing group assignment, I was very upset. They doesn’t want to cooperate, everything depends on me. Besides, I think I mentioned before about my English lecturer matter, right? These contribute to my ‘passion’ to leave Nilai UC. 

During my first, second and currently third semester, I keep asking myself where to study in degree if I were to leave Nilai UC. I did a lot of research on many universities and also asked opinions on the students there. So, I can conclude that, most people would suggest me to study in Sunway instead of UCSI. I told myself that I had to decide by myself. Few weeks ago, when I had a friend who wanted to apply for a recommendation letter from the head of foundation to apply for newspaper scholarship, I then joined her to apply together, but not the same newspaper company. And guess what, yesterday, I received their call to attend the interview session on next Monday in UCSI North Wing. I never expect to be short-listed as I have not finished my foundation yet. I applied UCSI because they accept Nilai foundation, unlike Sunway and Taylors. 

When I received the call, I was both happy and sad. Happy is that I can have the chance to study for free. Sad is that I will leave Nilai UC even though I dislike it a lot. After 1 year in the college of course I’ve some good friends (but no best friend) here and I’ll miss them. 1 of them actually had left Nilai UC.
 Just to show a few

Moreover, if I get the scholarship for UCSI, I won't have the chance to apply for the music scholarship in Sunway University (if I managed to enter after completion of my foundation, who knows?). But it's better to get free education than paying by borrowing loan to study in Sunway due to the high cost of living and also the fees. 

I hope those who are currently complaining about Nilai UC but decided to continue there should 'forgive' Nilai UC in order to enjoy your once in a life time studying in college, as people always say college life is the best life in a person's life. So, be happy always........

I'm disappointed too because none of my friends who at first decided to leave but now decided to stay in NIlai UC. Guys, you all should remember the meaning of opportunity cost. That's what made me to give up the UK cert that Nilai offers. Since today is the second last day of class in my third semester, I hope everyone good luck in their coming exams, hope you guys have made a wise decision and remember to be happy always :) I apologize if I had ever made you guys unhappy or being insulted because I like to joke around, so please don't take my words seriously. 

Good bye, Nilai University College....





No comments:

Post a Comment