Thursday 30 September 2010

Violin exam result

On 27th of September 2010, after my last class at 3pm, together with a friend of mine, Liong a.k.a Handsome Liong ^^, went to Trevor’s room to ‘kacau’ him… When we were about to leave his hostel, I received a SMS from my music teacher. Before opening the message I saw a little part of the message and it was my 2 brothers piano and my violin exam results. I was a bit scare to open the message as I mentioned earlier than i had a hunch that I’ll fail my exam. Even though I was afraid to know my result, but soon or later I’ll still know my result. So I pressed the ‘view’ button and it says:

ABRSM piano exam jun-aug 2010 result: ee hahn distinction 134, joe distinction 130, jen distinction 133. Congratulation! Ms lee.

“Joe distinction 130”! You see that? I got distinction? How could it be? I played so poor on that day but instead of a pass (which is my highest expectation), I got a distinction. “Am I dreaming?” I asked Liong. No, I wasn’t dreaming, I was very sure that I wasn’t dreaming. I was so happy that I almost yelled it out as loud as I could! At that moment I wished to let everyone to know my result but it could be wrong information sent by my teacher unless she tells me face-to-face. But I posted in Facebook that I got distinction and funny, a friend of mine jealous about it… haha… even though he already passed his grade 8 piano exam.

I once told myself if I could pass my violin exam I’ll continue my grade 8 exam but with another teacher. My eldest sister’s friend recommended me a famous violinist in Malaysia, Mr. Lau Yew Hann, sounds like my name. You can google his name to see his biography. Such a professional teacher wouldn’t it costs me a lot? Well, I’ll know when I call him. But till today I don’t dare to call him because he is not a teacher but an orchestra player, so it’s kinda weird for a stranger suddenly calls him and ask to teach him. You know, my situation is like the Malay form 5 novel, Konserton Terakhir where the main character, Hilmi had an orchestra player to teach him, and he ended up to be so famous in Malaysia that even the Agong (If i’m not mistaken) came to watch his play. But of course I wouldn’t want to end up dying at such a young age. So I think I’ll wait till this Saturday for my teacher to tell the truth about my result and see whether she can calls him to teach me or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment